Monday, April 28, 2008

One Burning Question Has Been Answered!

Trembley had strong words for the Seattle fans who took the field last week

by Matthew Taylor

"I wish I could have taken them in the back room myself. I would have beaten the snot out of both of them.''

I shared my curiosity on Friday about what Dave Trembley said to the fans who ran onto the field during the O's thrilling 8-7 win over the Mariners at Safeco the night before. Trembley was clearly agitated when MASN showed the "perp walk" past the O's dugout. Sports Illustrated has provided a sense of the manager's comments, if not an outright answer.

"It's embarrassing to baseball,'' Trembley said Friday night before a game against the White Sox. "I wasn't happy because I'm a big proponent of respect. I think that's the epitome of disrespect, when two idiots run onto the field like that.

"They came up from behind two of my players. ... I wish I could have taken them in the back room myself. I would have beaten the snot out of both of them.''

More reason to love Dave Trembley.

No comments: